The CILIP Conference (3-4 July 2019, Manchester) is one of the largest and most eagerly anticipated events in the library and information sector, and the CILIP Information Literacy Group is able to offer one full delegate place with one night’s accommodation as a bursary place.
The CILIP Conference brings together around 500 professionals from across the sector to share experiences, knowledge and expertise. This year’s keynote speakers include Liz Jolly, Patrick Lambe and Kriti Sharma. The programme is being finalised, but an outline of the session content is now available. You can keep up to date by following @CILIPConf19
The Information Literacy Group will have a stand in the exhibition hall, so do come along and say hello, find out about our event schedule and see how you can get involved with our projects.
To submit your application for the bursary place, please submit a short personal statement that meets the following criteria:
- Your personal statement should be 400-500 words long and a clearly presented, formal expression of why you wish to attend the conference
- You should reflect on what you think will be the specific benefits/knowledge that you hope to gain from attending the conference
- Have you shown your commitment to information literacy?
- Explain why you need funding and/or your institution cannot pay for you to attend the conference
- Let us know if you have attended the CILIP Conference previously
- Understand that as part of the funding conditions you will need to promote the sponsorship of the group and produce a report for the CILIP Information Literacy Group within two months of the event. This will be published on the Information Literacy Group blog.
Applications must be submitted by Friday 19th April, 2019 and should be sent to the ILG Training email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We are particularly interested in receiving applications from people who have never been to the CILIP Conference before, and who wouldn’t ordinarily be able to go.
Alternatively, early bird discounts for the conference are available until 17th May and you can book these directly from the conference website. Remember to log into the CILIP website before booking so that it recognises your membership status and offers you the correct delegate rate.