The “Research Smarter” resource sheets have been produced by the CILIP Information Literacy Group under a Creative Commons license, which means that they are available to all schools to download from this website and to adapt and use with their own pupils to help support the delivery of any topic or activity that requires information literacy skills. Download the full set here.
Using the sheets to Research Smarter
These Research Smarter sheets have been designed to guide you through the research process from initial ideas to finished piece of work. They can be used to support purely academic research or to support more creative and innovative projects.
The sheets can be used as a series or as individual guides to support specific parts of the research cycle.
The resource sheets were created by the following colleagues on behalf of the CILIP IL Group:
- Rebecca Jones, Learning Enrichment & Support Co-ordinator, Malvern St James, Malvern
- Darryl Toerien, Head of Library & Information Services, Oakham School, Rutland
- Darren Flynn, Information Literacy Lead, Dixons Allerton Academy, Bradford
- Sarah Pavey, Independent trainer and consultant to school libraries
- Caroline Roche, School Librarian, Eltham College
- Carol Webb, Forest Hill School, London
- Chris Morrison, University of Kent, Copyright and Licensing Compliance Officer
If you have any queries or feedback about these resources, please email the CILIP IL Group.