The CILIP Information Literacy Group is proud to offer an award for achievement in the field of information literacy. The award is open to individuals working in the information literacy arena, and in any sector, within the United Kingdom.
The 2013 winner is Kim McGowan
Kim was recognised for an impressive body of work which has raised the profile of IL at University of Cumbria. The judges praised her provision of superb student support and her sheer enthusiasm and commitment to her IL role. Kim’s innovative projects include the TICKLIST web evaluation tool and an e-learning, pre-induction, credit bearing module to aid student transition.
The runner-up was Michelle Schneider
Michelle was rewarded for her outstanding contribution to the innovative Skills@Library team at University of Leeds including her work on high impact projects in areas such as digital literacy, plagiarism and lecturer support. The judges admired the range and depth of her activities and her impressive national profile.
Many congratulations to both!
The other nominees were:
- Moira Bent (Faculty Liaison Librarian, Newcastle University)
- John Crawford (Independent Libraries Professional) & Christine Irving (Freelance Information Professional). Joint nomination.
- Nancy Graham (Subject Advisor, University of Birmingham)
- Christine Irving (Freelance Information Professional)
- Sheila Webber (Senior Lecturer and Director of the Centre for Information Literacy Research, University of Sheffield)