Looking for an opportunity to become more involved with supporting information literacy? We’re recruiting to our committee!
The CILIP Information Literacy Group have an exciting opportunity to join our team, in the role of Treasurer.
We are looking for a dynamic and innovative individual to join our enthusiastic group, helping us to develop and build upon our successful work and to ensure that LILAC: the Information Literacy Conference continues to be a success.
Applicants should have experience of working with finance and be based in the UK. Applicants should be members of the CILIP Information Literacy Group (or willing to join). We particularly welcome applications from under-represented communities and sectors.
Applications should include the following:
- Curriculum vitae
- Personal statement detailing your experience and how you meet our requirements
- Letter/statement of support from your line manager
As well as gaining the opportunity to work with inspiring colleagues, our current treasurer came up with a great list of the benefits of volunteering for this role:
- Improved professional networks and increased awareness of the profession
- Developed budget management skills
- Hands-on experience of helping run a large conference, including planning, communications, chairing sessions and problem solving, as well as project management experience.
- Improved communication skills
- Improved confidence
- Opportunity to contribute to national campaigns relating to IL
Please send the above to email@example.com
If you have any enquiries about the role, please contact our deputy chair, Lisa Jeskins: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is Friday, 21st December 2018. Successful applicants will be notified by 10th January 2019 and will be invited to our next committee meeting, which will take place on Monday, 18th March 2019.
We look forward to hearing from you!