The CILIP Information Literacy Group need your help to promote the importance of information literacy across all sectors! As practitioners in your respective fields, you could make a real difference in helping to communicate the value of information literacy to particular sectors and to society as a whole.
You are invited to submit a short video (max. one minute) on why information literacy is important in your sector, e.g. public, health, schools, FE, HE, corporate, etc. The video can be as simple or as imaginative as you like, but make sure you address the topic clearly and concisely. Don’t forget to say who you are and which sector you work in!
All entrants to the competition will be entered into a prize draw for the opportunity to win a £100 voucher for an online store of their choice!
Closing date for entries: May 31st, 2016
“Why is IL important in your sector?” video prize draw – competition rules
1. To enter, record a brief video (maximum of one minute) about why information literacy is important in your sector, and upload it to YouTube. Email the link to email@example.com
2. You are also encouraged to share your video on Twitter, using the hashtag #whyinfolit
3. Entrants will be entered into a prize draw to win a £100 voucher for an online store of the winner’s choice
4. A selection of the videos will be chosen for inclusion on the CILIP Information Literacy Group’s YouTube playlists, on the Information Literacy website (www.informationliteracy.org.uk) and on the group’s other social media channels
5. By entering the competition, you are consenting to have your name and video publicly displayed on YouTube, www.informationliteracy.org.uk and on the CILIP ILG’s social media channels without prior consent
6. The competition will be open until May 31st, 2016. The winner of the prize draw will be notified by email by June 30th, 2016, and will be publicly announced via CILIP ILG’s social media channels and website
7. CILIP ILG committee members are not eligible to enter the competition.
If you have any queries about the competition, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For inspiration, you might like to take a look at some of the great entries already posted on Twitter at #whyinfolit.
We’d also be grateful if you could share the details of this competition with anyone you think might be interested, via relevant mailing lists, Twitter, etc.
We look forward to receiving your entries!