Post title: Journal of Information Literacy – Statistician / Bibliometrician
To apply: Please send a statement of interest/qualifications, of no more than 500 words, and a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 May, 2021.
To lead on publication and citation metrics for the Journal of Information Literacy (JIL). To collate and analyse statistics from a range of sources that illustrate the performance of the journal and identify strategies for improving download and citation rates.
JIL is an international, peer-reviewed, open access academic journal that aims to investigate information literacy (IL) within a wide range of settings. JIL is the journal of the CILIP Information Literacy Group.
- Liaise with database suppliers, authors and board members in order to collate and analyse publication and citation metrics
- Collate publication and citation statistics from a range of sources, e.g. Google Scholar, Croff Ref and OJS (the list is not exhaustive)
- Conduct bibliometric modelling analysis to inform planning activities
- Analyse indicators to benchmark journal performance with competitor journals
- Analyse author data to identify strategies to encourage lead authors in information literacy to publish in JIL
- Identify strategies and input into long term plans to further enhance download and citation rates
- Provide data reports and analysis to the Editorial Board
- Attending meetings of the Operational Team and the Editorial Board, and contributing to the overall planning of JIL
Knowledge and experience
The role holder will have an interest in bibliometrics. In addition, it would be desirable for the post holder to have an interest in information literacy and experience of using an open access journal management system, although this is not essential. Training will be provided.
This is an unpaid role, with a time commitment of approximately one day per month, most of which will be in the month before the Board meetings in January and July.
You will be expected to attend and participate in the Editorial Board meetings, which occur twice a year, usually in London (January and June). Reasonable UK travel expenses will be paid.