Jane Secker and Chris Morrison are very pleased to announce that the call for contributions to Icepops 2020, which takes place in Cardiff on 7th July 2020, has now opened. This year’s keynotes are Dr Emily Hudson (Kings College London) who is an expert on application of copyright exceptions by educational and cultural heritage institutions, and a joint presentation from Dr Andrea Wallace (University of Exeter) and Douglas McCarthy (Europeana Foundation) who are leading lights in the world of open GLAM (galleries, libraries archives and museums). We will be planning associated activities including some local tours and a meeting of the International Copyright Literacy Community of Practice on Wednesday 8th July and a welcome event on 6th July if you are looking to stay on for a few days.
As with previous years there will be lots of opportunities for you to present your creative approaches to copyright education and present something related to the conference themes which this year are:
- Building copyright literacy communities, both nationally and internationally
- Engaging and creative approaches to copyright education including using games, music, video and performance
- Copyright education as part of digital and information literacy initiatives
- Copyright education in the cultural heritage sector
- Teaching copyright as part of scholarly and open practices
We will be using the popular world café and lightning talk presentation formats again this year, but as ever we are open to accommodating other formats if you have an idea that you think might work. In previous years we had a fair use game show and a plenary discussion on library associations approaches to building copyright literacy.
The call for contributions closes on 24th February 2020 and we look forward to receiving your proposals.
Chris and Jane