The CILIP CSG Information Literacy Group are offering an award for achievement in the field of IL in the United Kingdom. The award is open to an individual working in the IL arena, and in any sector, in the UK.
Nominations: Nominations for this award are now open. We welcome nominations from all sectors. Individuals may self-nominate or colleagues may nominate individuals whom they consider have demonstrated innovation in the field of Information Literacy.
Criteria: Applications will be assessed on one or more of the following:
- Raising the profile of information literacy within your organisation
- Developing a system/course/programme/service, or product which develops information literacy skills
- Evidence of impact
- Nominations should demonstrate innovation, initiative and originality
Format for nominations: Nominations should take the form of a short description of the project or initiative (no more than 3 x A4 pages);
- Contact details of the nominator and the nominee should be provided;
- Supporting documentation, URLs etc. should be supplied.
Closing date for receipt of nominations: 28th February 2011
Award: The winner will receive an award of £500 for their personal use and £500 to go to a charity of their choosing. The award will be presented to the winner at the LILAC 2011 conference dinner in London on Tuesday 19th April 2011.
Please send your nominations and supporting documentation by 28th February to: Nigel Morgan: MorganNJ@cardiff.ac.uk