IFLA have issued a call for papers for the World Library and Information Conference (WLIC) 2018 that is due to take place on 24th-30th August in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. The Library Theory and Research and Information Literacy sections are jointly looking for papers on the theme of ‘Information Literacy: From Practice to Theory and Back Again’.
The suggested themes for papers are:
- Construction of knowledge in information literacy
- Critical approaches and challenges to build new theoretical contexts
- Cross-cultural contexts in information literacy
- Emancipatory pedagogy
- Enabling technology to enhance information literacy theory and practice.
- Exploring alternative routes to information literacy
- Information literacies to transform society
- Information literacy models – from theory to practice and back to theory
- Informed learning theory
- Methodological and analytical approaches for exploring information literacy.
The deadline for submissions is 5th March 2018. More information about the submission requirements can be found on the IFLA website.