Last remaining tickets available for the PMLG & ILG National Conference!
Taking place on Friday 4th October at Canada Water Library Theatre, London.
The theme this year is: Information Literacy in Public Libraries.
This conference explores:
- Health Information Literacy
- eSafety for Public Library Users
- Information Literacy Skills for Children and Young People
- The Architecture of Information
- Basic Digital Literacies for the Otherwise Disenfranchised
- Drawing together the many strands of information literacy in public libraries
“Often overlooked, information literacy stands at the core of a public library’s purpose. Whether it is teaching children how to answer their own questions or supporting retirees to get online, public libraries daily contribute to the development of information literacy skills within their communities. Safeguarding, signposting and navigating information sources requires highly-developed multi-platform, critical awareness. This conference delivers a diverse portfolio of the necessary information literacy skills for the job.”
Tickets are £49 + VAT for CILIP members or £69 + VAT for non-members, with the option to add-on a ticket to the PMLG Conference and Awards Dinner (followed by an Evening Social). See the CILIP Events page for more details, including the full Conference Programme, and to book your ticket.